LO'AH B. BATAINEH
Ubhar Capital SOAC, Oman
Lo’ai B. Bataineh is the Chief Executive Officer of Ubhar Capital SAOC (‘U Capital’). Lo’ai is an accomplished investment banker and a key figure in the investment banking industry in the Middle East. Lo’ai has an extensive experience of over 30 years with deep knowledge of local, regional and global capital markets and strong understanding across multiple sectors. From 1990 onwards, Lo’ai worked for 8 years at Arab Bank’s Amman office. Following which, in 1998, he was seconded to Oman Arab Bank in order to set up the Investment Management Group (IMG). At Oman Arab Bank - IMG, he played an instrumental role in the establishment and development of key services including asset management, brokerage, corporate finance & advisory, custody, wealth management, research, and back-office operations. Through his vision and passion, IMG developed into one of the most comprehensive investment banking service providers in the Sultanate of Oman.
Some of his outstanding achievements include:
• Issued first-ever local currency perpetual bond in the Middle East.
• Managing the biggest equity fund in the Sultanate.
• Lo’ai’s outstanding technical management has resulted in the establishment of one of the largest Brokerage houses in Oman.
The clientele for this service is around 12,000. He led the Brokerage team in winning the ‘Best Brokerage Award’ for 5 consecutive years.
• He is also well-known in the corporate and finance advisory space and has raised more than USD 6 billion for various companies through
equity or debt issuance including Bank Nizwa, Oman Arab Bank, Al Sharqyia Desalination, Galfar Engineering, Bank Sohar, Muscat Finance,
United Power, Voltamp Energy, among many others.
• He is a well-known speaker and writer on developments in the economy and the market and is frequently interviewed by well-known TV Channels and Financial Papers.
• He is the board member of the National Bureau of Commercial Information SAOC.
• He was a board member in the first Board of Directors of Oman Securities Association in Muscat-Oman, when it was established in the
• Member Board of Directors - Muscat Clearing & Depository Company SAOC March 2017 – Present.
He holds a Masters and BSc degrees in Money & Banking, High Diploma in Investment Analysis & Credit Analysis from reputed universities. He has also finished his Professional Investment School from Cambridge University.